I thought I'd post a few links for different versions of soboro, the seasoned ground meat "stripe" of today's sanshoku donburi. It can be made with beef, chicken, pork, egg, canned tuna or salmon, probably even tofu - basically any protein. It's really quick and easy to make.
Aside from using it in sanshoku donburi or as a rice topping on its own, it can be used as an onigiri (rice ball) filling, or as a filling for tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelet), among other things. It keeps in the refrigerator for about a week, and freezes well. (All of this information, and more, can also be found on Maki's Just Bento page, as linked below).
Here are two recipes that I have successfully used:
Basic Meat Soboro from Just Bento
AnnaTheRed's tuna soboro - she also has a recipe for meat soboro elsewhere on her page.
Here's a recipe for chicken soboro; I have made chicken soboro before using Elizabeth Andoh's recipe from Washoku instead.
Finally, I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm sure it's good, because it's a Maki recipe:
Just Bento's iri tamago - scrambled eggs for donburi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment